Are You Awake Or Hitting The Snooze Button?Posted in Lifestyle on February 2, 2016
I strongly feel there is an awakening happening in the collective consciousness right now. Health and wellness is a booming industry, the organic movement is gaining steam swiftly and spiritual teachings are best selling novels and sell-out seminars. I have a positive view that this is a tipping point of a revolution….
There is still cruelty being inflicted around the world in unprecedented amounts to humans, animals and the planet, by powerful companies and people driven by greed, completely ignorant to the connection as a whole. But no great changes ever happened in history by only focusing on what was wrong or what we can’t do, it was by working with what we can do to make it better.
But before you want to initiate change for the better, you do need to have the awakening that it can improve and then you need to stand up.
If you are reading this and you know our environment is of utter importance, that causing suffering to animal is inherently wrong and the restrictions of our egos are not all there is to us, then its safe to say you are not asleep…
but are you awake or still hitting the snooze button?
You will know the answer by taking an honest look at your actions.
- If you know the environment needs your help but are not recycling or composting; where do you think all the trash is going to go? Landfill in the UK runs out in 2-3 short years…
- If you are aware animals can feel pain but continue to finically support factory farms that deny animals to fulfil their basic natural instincts, how do you think farming methods are going to shift for the better if you keep voting for the cruelty with your dollar?
- If you know you are not your ego, yet do not give any priority to your spiritual growth, through whatever medium works for you, be it meditation, yoga, prayer, present contemplation etc… how do you envision your personal evolution will occur?
I would ague that you are “pretending to be asleep.” No amount of hard hitting factual information is going to get you to change because you already know but continue to not stand up.
If you are “asleep” then what I am saying may sound a little crazy… I am not in anyway coming from a pedestal… for I am constantly also being awakened to different plights, discoveries and as you, started at the beginning…(a very good place to start).
I had a few epiphany moments that are vivid in my mind;
- “The Secret to Happiness” by the Dali Lama and “Siddhartha” by Herman Hesse, were the first times I became aware that I was in control of my thoughts and therefore my feelings and it literally changed my life.
- “Animal Liberation” by Peter Singer and “Eating Animals” by Jonathan Safran, completely shone a light on societies structured and sanctified abuse of animals in a way that I knew I could not play a part in ever again, through choices in my diet and lifestyle.
- Al Gore’s documentary “An Inconvenient Truth” really hammered home the crazy importance for a mass change to save our earths current route for destruction.
So where do you sit? Are you on the journey? Are you aware but hesitating to make a change and if so, what is holding you back? Or is this an exciting moment for you to dedicate sometime over the next week, to perhaps read or watch some of the above recommendations or my blogs and to join the millions around you who are standing up to say they
care enough to have their actions count to make a change.
Recognising that change needs to happen is the beginning of healing.
I say all this because living for only individual needs and desires is small thinking, and continued unchecked, will be a disaster for us as a greater whole….
Plus, why wouldn’t you want to regain your power and take that red pill……