Comforting Cannellini Bean and Veggie SoupPosted in Food on December 31, 2015
Mum’s always do the best soups. I know for me if I feel unwell or in need of a little comforting nothing beats my Mum’s ( or mother-in-laws) soups! This one is tweaked from something my mother makes and I hope you get the same loving feeling I get when I have it.
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 stems of celery diced
- 1 brown onion chopped finely
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2-3 potatoes diced
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, rinsed ( or even better cook them up fresh before)
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley chopped
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of thyme finely chopped
- big dash of olive oil
- 2 litres of vegetable stock
- OPTIONAL- 1 cup of spiral pasta of your choice.
- 6 cups of baby spinach ( or I use 4-5 big handfuls)
- 1 cup of blanched almonds
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon squeezed
- 1/4 cup of parley
- Heat the garlic, onion and oil in a large saucepan for 5 minutes or until brown and soft
- Mix in the carrots, celery, potato, rosemary, thyme and salt and pepper. Mix and let heat for another 5 minutes
- Add the stock, beans and pasta. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley and spring onions and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Blitz all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Serve with a tablespoon of the pistou in a bottom of a bowl and soup on top. It gives the best burst of flavours as you eat!