Pea and Bean Mint Patty’sPosted in Food on May 5, 2016
I love a good patty because they are quick and easy, and you can jazz it up with condiments. This one I eat with some kim chi, black olives and my new obsession of cashew cheese on the side. So good! They can also be a great way to get protein into your diet. For me I am not such a fan of eating beans plain, but hide them in a patty like this and you can’t tell they are in there but you get the boost of vegetarian protein! And of course this can be used on a veggie burger… always a winner for those who are not plant-based to show them how tasty it can be to substitute the meat.
- 2 cups of peas, either frozen ones that have been thawed or fresh.
- 1 cup of butter beans – either soaked and cooked or if time poor, a can will suffice:)
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds, covered in water and left to soak. ( These act as a binder to replace eggs)
- 1 cup of cooked rice, either brown or white
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 handful of mint (or more depending on taste!)
- half a teaspoon of good quality salt
- Coconut oil to cook
Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix together.
Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan until hot, take a ball of the mint patty mixture and squash it on the pan with a spatula to make into a patty mix. Cook for about 3 minutes on both sides.
Serve while warm or they keep well in the fridge for leftovers the next day!