Roasted Cauliflower Egg-Free FrittataPosted in Food on March 18, 2016
I love baked foods, and somehow I had missed out on this type of “frittata” style meal. Inspired by a recipe in the The Whole Pantry, this dish is super tasty and great warm or cold the next day!
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 cup of finely grated pumpkin
- 1 cup of roughly ripped up kale
- half a red onion diced
- 1 cup of kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 cup of either buckwheat or all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil melted
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small pieces
Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Drizzle the cauliflower with the coconut oil and bake for 20 minutes.
Mix the chia seeds in half a cup of water and leave to set.
Mix the finely grated (make sure you make it FINELY grated so it sticks together) zucchini, pumpkin, kale, olives, thyme and onion in a big bowl. Add the cauliflower once cooked.
Gently stir in the chia mix and flour and stir through. Smooth it all into a slice tin and bake for 30 minutes.