Tahini Chocolate FudgePosted in Food on April 25, 2016
I always loved fudge, and it was a hard one for me to give up when I went vegan. I have fond memories of my childhood, eating fudge with my step-mother, in her house full of backyard animals and exotic spices in the kitchen. Tahini is a staple in our house – normally for savoury dishes, but it works wonderful in deserts, especially this one, making in creamy and melt-in-your-mouth as any dairy fudge ever was!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup ( make sure it is the real one – not “flavoured syrup)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, make sure it is melted.
- 340g hulled tahini
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of rose water
Line a small tin baking tray with baking paper.
Mix all the ingredients minus the cacao nibs in a bowl, then scrap them into the baking tray. Sprinkle the nibs over the top and set in the freezer for 4 hours or over night.
Cut into bit size squares and serve as soon as you take them out as they melt quickly!