Tortilla HeavenPosted in Food on February 28, 2015
For the tortilla
1 cup + 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
1 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 finely chopped small brown onion
1 bunch of coriander chopped
zest of 1 lime and the juice squeezed
Half a chopped jalapeño pepper
Can of black beans or better-make fresh!
1 tomato chopped
Half a jalapeño chopped
Finely chopped coriander stems.
Half a red chilli chopped
Squeezed half a lime
1. To make the “tortilla” whisk together the bean flour, water, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Let sit for 20 minutes.
2. Make the fillings: combine the onion, coriander, lime zest and juice and jalapeño in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Squash the avocado in a bowl and mix until smooth. Mix in the chilli, salt and lime juice . Set aside.
4. Heat the beans with the tomato, jalapeño and coriander stems into a fry pan for a few minutes until warm. Set aside.
5. Heat a small frypan over medium high heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. When the pan is hot but the oil is not smoking, add about ¼ cup of the tortilla batter, and its like cooking a pancake. After about 1-2 minutes flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side. There should be enough batter for around 6.
6. To serve create your own “tortilla” with the fillings. I also love to add a splash of our Byron hot salsa…if you are going to use own just make sure it is one without additives and artificial flavours!