Wheat-free Fun TabboulehPosted in Food on March 2, 2016
I love tabbouleh – and the fact you can play with what you throw in the base to make it more exciting! Try the below recipe but experiment yourself with amounts and additions to personalise it! It is a great salad, but I also use it in wraps and falafel pockets.
- 2 bunches of parsley, roughly cut. (I like to use the curly version.)
- 1 bunch of mint, roughly cut
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 4 spring onions chopped small
- 1-2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup of buckwheat kernels ( replacing the wheat)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- salt to taste
Cover the buckwheat kernels with 2 cups of water and bring to the boil, then simmer until all the water is absorbed. (Just like cooking rice. You can use a vegetable stock cube or spices for added flavour when cooking the buckwheat)
Add all the ingredients together in a bowl, when the buckwheat is cooked add this too and then season with the oil, lemon juice and salt.